Closing Date for Application: 19th February 2018
Start Date: 10th September 2018
Duration: 2 Years
How our programme works and your key responsibilities
As an Apprentice on this two year programme, you’ll be part of the whole editorial process. From planning and news gathering through to on-air production, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your fantastic creative ideas to how we tell our stories across all platforms at Sky Sports News.
- In the first year, you’ll rotate around key departments of the Sky Sports News operation. Rotations include: the planning desk, Production team, Graphics and Digital content team. You’ll also be given opportunities to shadow Reporters and work on location.
- You’ll spend time at college working towards achieving your qualification with support of a dedicated tutor.
- In the second year, you’ll choose an area to specialise in.
Please note: When working within the team you’ll work with a wide range of Sky content, some of which is not suitable for under 18s. As a responsible employer and broadcaster, we therefore cannot accept applications from people who wouldn’t have reached the age of 18 by 10 September 2018.
- A passion for sports and sports news content.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and pick things up quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A*-C (including English Language and Math’s). In addition, a minimum of two A-Levels grades A* – C, or a BTEC Diploma (merit or distinction) in a relevant subject.
Apply for this role here: