Deadline: 15 June 2017
We are looking to recruit a passionate and proactive club journalist to join our Media and Content team based at Villa Park.
The club journalist will work across a range of channels and locations to provide engaging, unique and relevant content to a variety of audiences and stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Content & Media team, Marketing, Communications, Matchday Programme, Foundation, AVLFC etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help drive the research and production of editorial and interview content for use across the club’s digital media, broadcast output and print publications.
The role will involve planning and writing content as well as producing broadcast interviews and packages for social channels, AVTV and the club’s core website offering.
- Reporting to the Head of Media & Content and Digital Editor, the role will be responsible for the production and delivery of the Club’s editorial content via digital and social media channels.
- Working with AVTV & Editorial colleagues for content creation, quality control and effectiveness required.
- Contribute written/spoken/moving image media across all platforms of the club – website, social media channels.
- You will be tasked with generating interesting and innovative content.
- You will be looked upon to come up with fresh new features and project ideas, which will drive new users towards the official site and grow audience reach and participation.
- To develop content treatments to interview a vast array of personalities across the club, players, management, officials and former players, often tasked to generate engaging new formats and copy. This will include football stories and corporate articles for our various in-house departments.
- You will assist with our extensive matchday coverage, from tweeting build-up pictures, communicating with fans in our game console and uploading match reports.
- Extend club awareness, extend a fan base reach and develop more thorough communication with existing fan base
Essential skills and experience required
- Graduate level qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working to deliver web content
- Successful track record of delivering excellent editorial output
- Knowledge of media channels and best industry practice
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Matchday output is a critical part of the role so a reasonable amount of travel is required to report on AVFC teams, which will involve working evenings and weekends
- Experience of working within a media production unit is essential
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism experience is essential
- Football knowledge is essential
To apply please send your CV and covering letters, including your current salary details and notice period to email@example.com or Lucy Ford, Human Resources Business Partner, Aston Villa Football Club, Villa Park, Birmingham, B6 6HE.