As part of the OC Sport in-house media and communications team, the Communications Executive for the Extreme Sailing Series™ is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the communications across traditional and digital media outlets. This is a challenging and fast paced role offering extensive world travel, and the Communications Executive will be expected to attend at least eight international events throughout the year across three continents.
|Location||Isle of Wight, UK|
|Sector||Agencies & Sponsors, Media, Technology & Broadcast|
|Function||Events & Operations, Marketing & Communications, Media Operations|
|Salary||Salary dependant upon successful applicant|
On-site at events, the Communications Executive will be responsible for managing the media team including external suppliers, photographers and commentators, crisis communications, and for overseeing the TV production content and output (live streaming and TV, news and digital content).
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering campaigns, be confident in creating and sharing content to increase audience figures, have exceptional writing skills for traditional and digital platforms, and be capable of presenting finished successful communications work to a ready-to-publish standard.
We’re looking for a versatile and self-motivated communications specialist, with at least three years experience, ideally in a sports event environment, who is creative, can deliver stakeholder objectives, thrives under pressure, plans ahead to meet deadlines, has an excellent attention to detail and enjoys world travel.
In return, we offer a great challenge, the opportunity to develop your career on an international stage, world travel, flexibility and the opportunity to work as part of a committed, friendly and experienced team.
- EU National essential
- Minimum of three years relevant experience with a proven track record of delivering successful communications campaigns (digital and traditional)
- Native English speaker, other languages are an advantage
- Ability to work on-site at events throughout the year, attend meetings in any OC Sport offices or other meetings is essential
- Exceptional writing skills and able to deliver ready-to-publish content including press releases, social media content and presentations
- Up to speed with the latest new media innovations and confident sharing content to increase audience figures
- Good base of media contacts within the relevant sports/media industry
- Ability to manage external suppliers including creating briefs/targets and managing budgets
- Good reporting skills ie analysis of social media campaigns to show effectiveness
- Excellent work management and the ability to work to set deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team
- Excellent eye for detail
- Good communicator with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Creative and willing to learn
- Determined and resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs is essential and Mac operator beneficial, but not essential
- Enjoys significant travel and working in new and sometimes challenging cultures, even at weekends and during the summer
- A passion for sport is essential, and knowledge or interest in professional sailing a plus
- Great sense of humour which carries through under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Enjoys a ‘project’ based lifestyle
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.