Kick It Out is looking to recruit a Media and Communications Manager to lead on the press and public relations profile of the organisation.
Position: Media and Communications Manager
Office: Based at the Kick It Out office, London
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
The successful post holder will work closely with Kick It Out’s Chair, Chief Executive Officer, Trustees, funders and staff to proactively promote the work of the organisation, and deal with challenging situations in reacting to matters within the game.
The role will involve developing and managing strategic media relations to maintain and increase Kick It Out’s profile; both inside and outside professional, amateur and grassroots football. In addition, it will involve leveraging existing media contacts as well as developing new relationships.
The role will also concentrate on developing marketing materials and maintaining current and relevant copy for the organisations website and social media platforms, as well as preparing statements and press releases where necessary.
A good knowledge of the operational workings of the football industry; as well as issues related to sport, social inclusion and equality are all essential.
A job description, person specification, application form and diversity monitoring form for the above role is available [below/attached].
Application forms must be completed in order to apply for the post and sent to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted as an application. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 11 August 2017.
Kick It Out is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Kick It Out selects all candidates for interview based on skills, qualifications and experience.
- To lead on the press and public relations profile of the organisation.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the promotion of Kick It Out’s work across both professional and grassroots football.
- To manage Kick It Out’s media relations, leveraging existing media contacts as well as developing new relationships.
- To lead on development of marketing materials and editorial content of Kick It Out’s website and social media platforms.
Specific Functions and Responsibilities
- To lead the managing and shaping of the organisation’s public reputation.
- To build, lead and develop the communications team,
- To develop and deliver Kick It Out’s media and communications strategy, both on and offline.
- To draft clear and compelling press releases, statements, website and social media copy, speeches and communications with stakeholders.
- To arrange and facilitate media interviews, and provide detailed briefings, for campaign spokespeople.
- To oversee the drafting, editing and publication of internal and external documents, including annual reports and other marketing collateral.
- To plan for, and manage, challenging situations which concern the organisation and its work.
- Representing and facilitating media requests and opportunities for the organisation at public and private functions and events.
- Responsibility for liaising with Trustees, partners, stakeholders, players and ambassadors and where appropriate managing these key relationships.
- To co-ordinate internal communications, disseminating key internal information to ensure all staff abreast of external communications and activities.
- To be responsible for out-of-hours social media cover and to react to breaking media stories.
The post-holder will be responsible for their effective day to day operational activities. All tasks will be undertaken in line with the teamwork approach of the organisation.
Note: The work of the Media and Communications Manager will require some evening and weekend working, travel around the country and abroad, on occasions.