BBC Sport are looking for a Production Executive to join their high profile and talented PE team. This is a critical role covering all their domestic TV output (Match of the Day, FA Cup, Football Focus, Premier League Show and Final Score). This role also oversees all other live and event based programming across Radio & Digital which is their biggest area of growth and a focus of our new strategy heading into the 2020’s.
The person doing this role will work:
- To the Head of Production but in partnership with the senior editorial team, provide strategic production management of a broad portfolio of programmes from idea to post-delivery
- To balance editorial aims and delivery requirements with financial and resource constraints through effective planning, monitoring and control of the production portfolio
- To seek continually to provide increased value to the audience by reviewing production processes and shaping and implementing improved ways of working
- To lead and develop a team of Production Management staff and play a key role in building and maintaining a professional pan-BBC production management community
- To provide professional advice and guidance based on expert production management skills, knowledge and experience
- To drive innovation, change and continuous improvement throughout production
- To establish a creative and collaborative culture conducive to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent, ensuring effective succession planning takes place
- Together with the other Production Executives, lead and develop a team of Production Management staff and play a key role in building and maintaining a professional pan-BBC production management community
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Plan and manage production finances
- Shape and plan production
- Manage and deliver productions
- Strategy and continuous improvement
The Ideal Candidate
- Considerable experience of production and production management across a range of output or genres and/or of managing a significant portfolio of productions.
- Experience of delivering high value, large scale productions.
- Significant knowledge of production ideally across all platforms (TV, Radio & Digital) with a level of technical understanding to ensure the most efficient production of content.
- Advanced project management skills. Proven experience of delivering portfolios of projects including complex projects; experience of trouble-shooting key projects.
- Experience of forward planning and operational day-to-day management of people and resources to meet demanding production requirements.
- Strong negotiating skills – able to influence management and negotiate deals and contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of the market for various types of supplier and resources.
- Able to influence the use of production systems and to deploy new technologies on productions.
- Experience of ‘client facing’ work eg working with OB, post production, studio facility companies or agents and negotiations with such.
- Experience of leading teams across a range of output.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and driving significant change in a complex environment and of implementing strategy and contributing to its development.
- Sound business and finance skills. Able to suggest feasible options for maximising value from productions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Considerable experience of managing and monitoring Health & Safety, supported by recognised formal Health & Safety training (including Risk Assessment).
- Extensive knowledge of BBC Values, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Health & Safety and Editorial Guidelines, and Fair Trading.
- Experience of recruitment and giving feedback.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the BBC and the wider industry.
Please click here to apply via the BBC careers website.