Sky Sports is looking to recruit a Senior Planner for their Cheshire office.
Deadline Date is ongoing
Role : Permanent
Based in Cheshire
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Sports News HQ is Europe’s leading 24-hour sports news channel. Sky Sports News provides news – both developing and breaking – from around the world, as well as previews, reviews, results and analysis from a wide range of sports. Superb live coverage of football, cricket and rugby world cups, Ashes series, F1 races and Ryder Cups have helped establish its reputation as the UK’s foremost provider of sports content and analysis on TV and all digital platforms .
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
As a Senior Planner based in our Wilmslow office, near Manchester, you will be responsible for proposing and delivering top class editorial plans across a range of sports as part of Europe’s no.1 provider of sports news content.
With great contacts, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellence within sports media, an understanding of multi-platform content delivery and an innovative creative spirit.
The role requires collaboration with many teams within Sky, including Sky Sports production, Sky Sports Digital Media and Sky News to ensure the production of aligned and consistent content that showcases the best of Sky Sports and supports specific business goals.
Reporting to the Editor of Planning, your responsibilities will include setting the agenda for cross departmental planning meetings, working to shared goals with the rest of the planning team and managing the work flow of a planning colleague.
You should have a thorough understanding of media law, Ofcom regulation, commercial considerations and TV production. You will be, in part, responsible for developing good relationships with external stakeholders.
You will help to raise standards by supporting and challenging people, working within a consistent performance and development culture across the department, advocating an environment of coaching and feedback.
We are looking for somebody with the ability to work effectively in a rolling news environment, who is self-motivated and able to successfully manage a busy schedule, without supervision.
- Provide input into a diary of news events to be covered by Sky Sports News in line with agreed policy on daily, weekly and longer term needs.
- Originate ideas for stories, story treatments and development of agenda setting issues.
- Work with News desk and investigating team on developing news stories.
- Work with guest booker to review our pool of guests and procedures to ensure best and most relevant individuals appear on Sky Sports News.
- Work with Sky Sports Digital Media teams to deliver a consistent editorial message across all platforms.
- In conjunction with the Planning Editor and Deputy Editor, assist in identifying and addressing development and training needs for other members of the team.
- Generate original stories ideas, treatments and suggestions which complement the look and tone of the channel.
- Follow Sky’s health and safety policies and procedures; report any safety issues to line management and participate in Sky’s objective to be a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ideally educated to degree level with significant media industry experience. Self-motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.